Audit and Accounts Director
Merry Mullen are a full-service firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisors (CTA) based in Dublin 2. We provide a broad range of professional services to a diverse cross section of corporate sectors throughout Ireland in a dynamic but well-established Practice. Our partners, senior management and consultants have a background within the top 4 accountancy firms or have come from running their own businesses and are talented across many disciplines. We offer technical excellence within a boutique firm delivered by friendly, approachable experts to our clients.
Due to strong growth within the firm, we are currently seeking to add to our team and recruit a commercially focused Audit and Accounts Director on a permanent basis. Reporting at Partner level (and directly with clients) the role will be focused on managing a diverse client portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset with the ability to assess risk and evaluate controls. You are a self-motivated and intellectually curious person with the desire to grow your business/technical acumen to remain current on business developments, industry trends, emerging risks, and changes to the financial and regulatory environments.
The role will entail:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Audit and Accounts Department.
- Manage workflow within the department, provide an unrivalled client service, lead on business development and deliver the departments commercial performance.
- Manage a portfolio of Audit and Account clients providing all round accounting services and advice.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance Audit Planning, ensuring plans appropriately address audit objectives.
- Lead and conduct team‐oriented, department-wide reviews of audit workpapers and be responsible for identifying and aggregating Quality Assurance Themes.
- Act as First line reviewer of detailed Quality Assurance results and draft Quality Assurance Audit reports.
- Oversee billing, collections, and profitability per assignment within the department.
- Manage client company secretarial compliance.
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships with the provision of ad hoc tax related duties.
- Supervision and development of staff within the department providing guidance on the application of tools and best practice methodologies.
The Partners are keen to recruit a candidate who will be part of their management team and who can contribute to the development of our firm. Merry Mullen are offering the right person a long-term career within the firm with strong potential for career development with future opportunities at partner level.
Skills and competencies required:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CPA with several years post qualification experience.
- Number of years’ experience working and leading in a team environment.
- Track record in a mid-tier practice environment at manager level in a quality driven firm.
- A strong understanding of risks and controls.
- Practical audit experience, such as conducting risk assessments, creating and executing audit programs, executing and/or leading audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology.
- Expert knowledge of relevant accounting standards.
- Effective supervision and time management skills with a capacity to prioritise work efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- A strong blend of technical ability, judgement, and commercial awareness.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A focus on a career in practice.
The position offers competitive reward reflective of the experience you bring to the role.
One of our cores values at Merry Mullen is to encourage work life balance and long hours are not a feature of life within the practice. We therefore operate a flexi time arrangement in the office.